How we Participate with Insurance Plans
After you provide us with your accurate insurance information, we begin by calling your insurance company to verify your benefits (maximum amount, deductible, % coverage for different dental procedures, and any procedure limitations, etc).
We do provide estimates of what a patient’s financial responsibility would be for certain procedures. We can also submit a Pre-Authorization, in which your insurance company provides an estimate of what they would cover. It is important to understand that these are just estimates, and therefore not a guarantee.
If we are a participating provider with your insurance, we will submit your claim for you. It takes between 4-6 weeks for us to receive the claim/insurance payment back. We then send a statement to the patient for the remainder of the bill, or send a credit check if overpayment was made.
General Billing Policies
It is important to understand the following billing policies of our office:
- The patient is responsible for providing us updated and accurate insurance information
- When given an estimate of patient responsibility, it is due at the time of service
- All returned (insufficient funds) checks will incur a charge of $35.00 per check
- A $25.00 delinquency fee will be applied to your balance on past-due accounts after 30 days
- If it is necessary for us to retain an attorney to settle an outstanding bill, a 25% attorney fee will be applied to your balance if the case goes to Judgment
List of Accepted Insurance Plans
We participate with the PPO plans of over 20 insurances! Listed below are just some of the most common plans we accept:
- Aetna Discount Program
- Delta Dental
- Denta Quest
- Dente Max
- Dente Max – Avesis
- Federal Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Met Life
- United Concordia
- United Concordia Access
- United Health Care